Posted to alt.home.repair
Eagle[_6_] Eagle[_6_] is offline

Default EARTHQUAKE

Oren presented the following explanation :
On Thu, 07 Jan 2016 16:21:31 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

Oren writes:
On Wed, 06 Jan 2016 12:17:45 -0800, "Eagle"
wrote:

Some Californians are buying land east of the San Andreas fault right
now. When the big one hits and Cali slips off into the Pacific, they
will have beach front property to sell and be rich mofo's.

Vegas has odds the whole state falls into the ocean. In Nevada, we the
beach front property.

Which says a great deal about the ignorance of Vegas. Seems they don't
realize that the San Andreas is _west_ of San Francisco, and it's a
strike-slip fault where one side is moving north and the other south. So,
one day, Los Angeles will be west of San Francisco instead of south of it.

I guess you missed my 'intended' sarcasm about betting odds.

Doing sarcasm is hard to translate to text IMO. I think that is the
reason for emoticons, no? ^^