Posted to alt.home.repair
Eagle[_6_] Eagle[_6_] is offline

Default EARTHQUAKE

Muggles presented the following explanation :
On 1/6/2016 10:37 AM, Don Y wrote:
On 1/6/2016 7:53 AM, Eagle wrote:
At 6:41AM PST a shaker hit the Lake Elsonore area. It was strong
enough to wake
up the 'hood, but noone got out of bed.
yawn

(sigh) I suppose I will have to move to Calif sometime before dying
just so I can experience one! We had a mild tremor here a year or two
ago (epicenter on AZ/NM border) and it was just barely perceptible
("Hmmm... why is my monitor shaking?")

Would also like to try a hurricane -- but NOT a tornado! :

I was sitting in my home office one morning chatting with my husband and
the house began to move. It was like being lifted up in the air a few
inches and back down several times. My monitor shook, too. We both
looked at each other like, "What the XYZ was that!!? Did you feel
that?" Sure enough it was on the news that we'd had an earth quake.

Was it a fun ride? The 6.2 roller we had back in 1969 was a fun ride
until we saw the damage it did and the loss of life it caused. Any
shakers we get now reminds us of the damage and loss of life a big
quake can cause.