Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default "Genuine" lithium ion batteries?

On Wed, 06 Jan 2016 17:27:44 -0000, Bob Minchin wrote:

Mr Macaw wrote:
I'm finding it rather difficult to buy real Lithium Ion batteries (like
18650s) online. By real I mean something like Panasonic etc. I've had
Chinese unbadged ones before and they've held 1Ah instead of the rated
2.6Ah. The "Genuine" ones don't seem to look like they used to, no
makers badge and fancy colours, just a plain green shell with some black
writing. Are these real?

If you buy from a "genuine" dealer then you can get branded items
instead of unbadged.

Errrr, that's what I'm looking for. My question, again, is simply "Are batteries without a Panasonic logo actually Panasonic?" There are many dealers selling "Genuine Panasonic" batteries but there are no badges on them. Are Li-Ions classed like the type you'd buy to fit into a drill battery - i.e. non-consumer so no logo?

--
Two blondes living in Oklahoma were sitting on a bench talking, and one blonde says to the other, "Which do you think is farther away... Florida or the moon?"
The other blonde turns and says "Helloooooooooo, can you see Florida ?????"