Wayne Tiffany

Default GE Clock radio readout

I feel compelled to step up to bat for Jerry G. just a bit. I have seen
many good advice posts out of him, so to lump him into the "non-tinkering"
camp I feel is a bit unfair. I took his comment to mean that some devices
aren't worth spending much time on - true statement - unless you do it for
the fun and education of it. At that point you only have to answer to the
wife! :-)

WT

"Asimov" wrote in message
"Rick" bravely wrote to "All" (03 Nov 03 22:30:02)
--- on the heady topic of " GE Clock radio readout"

These "high pressure" professional technicians don't understand that we
"amateurs" would rather spend a couple of "free" hours on a $10 device,
rather than throwing it out to increase the size of the landfill.

Don't let them browbeat you into a state of total apathy. However, at
some point, there are some things that actually require a sledgehammer!
;-)

BTW many folk here, like Jerry, seem to be very defeatist and tend to
discourage tinkering. I think it is simply a conflict of interest. Just
remember the electronics industry was "invented" by "amateurs" and as
long as nobody gets hurt then send the rest to hell! :-)

Ri From: "Rick"

Ri Thanks for the response. No labor costs here, I was just going to
Ri tinker around with it anyway. If I can't improve anything, I'll just
Ri buy another as it is out of warranty.
Ri --
Ri Rick

Ri "Jerry G." wrote in message
Ri ...
These radios are considered low cost for replacement. The labour cost to
service it may exceed the replacement value. On many of these models GE

.... Just a little force field zap.