Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The aftermath ...

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 17:10:36 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 05 Jan 2016 11:20:36 -0600, Tim Wescott
wrote:

On Mon, 04 Jan 2016 17:03:50 -0600, Terry Coombs wrote:

I returned those grates today , with an apology for not being able
to repair them . His response was that they'd last until the pile
of wood he has is gone then he's going over to LP gas . And then he
asked me how much he owed me ... and I told him I don't charge
unless I actually do the job ,
we're square and I'll see you next time I need a bottle filled
(he's my CG supplier too) . I consider the small amounts spent for
gasses and supplies are a cheap lesson .
Many thanks to those that posted helpful suggestions , your
contributions
are a part of that lesson .

I've been following your threads on this, and in the latest one about
trying to weld burnt steel, I was wondering if it wouldn't be
quicker and more effective to cobble together a cupola furnace or
some such and cast them new.

Just because...

Or simply weld a new one out of bars of SS from the scrap bin at the
metal yard

Yah , like we got a metal yard ... here's a link to the part we're talking
about :
http://www.stove-parts-unlimited.com...te-p/40394.htm

Jesus H. Christ! No wonder the guy wanted them repaired instead.
Stoves are a real ripoff from the start, though.

--

You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
--Oscar Wilde