Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Chain saw gas

On 1/5/2016 7:16 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

As fate would have it, to help with my decision making I priced the
Stihl MS461 at the shop where I got my MS271. Last evening I happened
to look at Craig's List and a new listing showed up for a "like new"
MS461 in a town about 35-40 miles away. It turned out the guy bought it
at the end of 2014 and then promptly split up with his wife and moved
into an apartment. As such he no longer needed the saw to cut large
trees for firewood to heat the house (which the wife got). He also
happened to be coming to my town today... With that, without leaving the
house I got an MS461 with less than two tanks of gas through it, plus 2
new-in-the-box chains, for over a 1/3 less than the local shop's quote.
Other than some wood chips on the chain the saw looks brand new...

Worst case I can probably cut the two big problem trees and then sell
the thing without it costing me anything... or I can set it up with an
Alaskan Saw Mill kit and still be into it for a couple hundred less than
the price I was quoted for the new saw alone. Funny how that worked
out... Merry Christmas to me!

That earns you a big "You suck!" John. Sure does suck to be you, huh?

Heck Mike there certainly is no call for anything other than a HF model
if all he is going to cut is 2 trees. ;~)