Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default 1 January 2016 Tax increases.

On Tuesday, January 5, 2016 at 3:58:13 PM UTC-5, SeaNymph wrote:
On 1/5/2016 1:31 PM, burfordTjustice wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/5dVx6tT.jpg

I think the estate tax is the worst. You work, you save, you buy
things, you invest, etc. You pay taxes on these things, usually when
you acquire them.

Then you die and the government takes half. Ridiculous.

I feel blessed that I don't have to worry about that, at least not
at this point. SWMBO and I are still just a tad shy of the $10.86MM
exemption set for 2015.

"The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2013 set the estate tax
exemption at $5.25 million for 2013 (effectively $10.5 million
for a couple), and indexed that level for inflation in future
years. It set the top rate at 40 percent. See Internal
Revenue Bulletin 2013-5, Revenue Procedure 2013-5, January 2013.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/rp-13-15.pdf."