Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wylfa detail

On 05/01/16 10:11, Timothy Murphy wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

In short you appear on the surface to be the perfect Green, you think
everyone else is as stupid and ignorant and mathematically challenged as
you appear to be.

You are looking in a mirror.
It is you who think everyone who disagrees with you is stupid and ignorant.

Maybe they are.

Have you considered that?

Have you done the calculations on energy and storage? I have.
I've spent the last 7 years investigating the details of renewable and
conventional energy.

Its not a random opinion I plucked out of the 'Guardian' or the 'New
Scientist' or heard on the Beeb.

Sure I am deliberately rude and abrasive, because people seem to need to
be shocked and bullied into thinking for themselves.

Since they seem to be totally unaware of the extent of their ignorance
and prejudice, and totally unaware of just how far away other peoples
thinking is.

Its a standard Green meme to wave a hand gaily and say 'storage' and
thereby utterly fail to address the intrinsic problem of renewable
intermittency. Whilst pretending its not an issue.

Energy density and intermittency are two issues with renewables that
can't be magicked away. They are intrinsic not to the technology, but to
the energy source itself. Which means that no amount of technology can
eliminate them, just ameliorate their worst effects, and of course that
technology adds to the cost, to the point where the final solution is
not just u7neconomic, its actually so ruinously expensive that its
verging, if not beyond, a unit energy return on energy invested.

That is, its unsustainable. You will never get enough energy out of a
*complete* renewable energy plus storage system to maintain and build
that system.

Any nation that tries will collapse in economic ruin.

You claim to be a mathematician.

Do some sums

--
Bureaucracy defends the status quo long past the time the quo has lost
its status.

Laurence Peter