Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default Noisy new float valve in loft

2003?
Blimey.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
read my posts! :-)
wrote in message
On Friday, August 15, 2003 at 8:53:50 AM UTC+1, Jeremy Collins wrote:
Hi all,

I've replaced the float valve in my loft header tank (the old
one was knackered and the tank was leaking from the overflow).

But the new valve is *much* noisier (despite being identical
in appearance).

Is there anything I can do to reduce the sound of a giant khazi
filling over my head? Or do I just have to get used to it?

Cheers,

--
jc

Remove the -not from email

Fit a 'Henson Delay Valve' it will cure your problem and cure water
hammer. Can be got from e-bay