Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Free Equipment Removal and Russian Santa

On Sat, 02 Jan 2016 15:53:32 -0500
Ed Huntress wrote:

snip
I vaguely remember the area. I lived in Lansing, my girlfriend lived
in Greenville, and we often drove out I-96 to Grand Haven. I remember
liking it a lot.

You only missed me by about a mile then. I can hear the highway noise
on quiet days when I step outside

I use to ride my bicycle out to Grand Haven pretty regular for
exercise. Only once or twice a year I would venture as far as the State
Park, which was probably your destination back then. It is one of
the States busiest parks nowadays. You probably wouldn't recognize it
anymore...

AT&T has claimed (they tried to up-sell me when I went with a local DSL
provider) they can give me 6 Mbps U-verse. Neighbor's have been begging
them for it and they tell me 1.5 Mbs is all they offer out here. Now
who should I believe ;-)

When it comes to DSL, believe your eyes. g I was so glad when our
cable company introduced Internet service 15 years ago and I was able
to drop Verizon DSL. It was unreliable and generally stunk.

My old dial up provider (iserv) had the DSL offering I'm currently
using. It's on the AT&T system. They buy it from AT&T somehow and
then re-sell it. So I didn't have to change my email address and I
already liked the outfit.

What really annoys me with AT&T is they have been trying to get me to
upgrade to one of their packages for at least 3 years now, maybe even
longer. They send the info every month with the phone bill plus one
separate mailing in between. So that's twice a month. They tell you how
much you will save and the Intro rate plus? I want to know what the
monthly cost will be after the honeymoon is over with all the added
fees. They can't/won't tell you that. Which makes one wonder how they
can calculate the monthly bill then ;-)

Neighbors I've asked have cell phone bundles and other weird stuff and
really don't know what they are paying for DSL. I'm sure AT&T likes it
that way. Keep everyone confused...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b