Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Craftsman Radial Arm Saw Motor Removal

Got it to wrap.

Might be the switch that is the starter switch. If it has one.
Most don't and some do.

Martin

On 1/1/2016 8:58 PM, wrote:
I had the same problem. i first blew the motor out with compressed
air while it was still installed, it started up once then failed on
the second try. I took the motor off the saw, and unscrewed the
plastic housing and blew it out again, there was hardly any particles
left but upon reassembly it started working as new. Minimal use on
this machine, my father-in law had it for 15 years, said he used
about 10 times; I've used it for four light bookcases, a bat house
and a bed frame. Not a lot of built up funk in the motor, my guess
is that these just need some attention TLC every 20 years or so.