Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul M. Cook[_2_] Paul M. Cook[_2_] is offline

Default Why is raw honey from Costco twice as expensive as Filtered ?

On Fri, 01 Jan 2016 17:39:10 -0700, rbowman wrote:

http://glorybee.com/honey/honey-jars...-blossom-honey

That's what I got at CostCo.

That's not what my Costco store sells as unfiltered clover honey.

I only have one jar at a time, so I can't snap a picture for you
of the other two types I get.

Sometimes I get the small bear-shaped jar as shown in this pictu
http://costcocouple.com/kirkland-sig...organic-honey/

Other times I get the much larger (and cheaper) Kirkland brand:
http://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Signa.../dp/B007F2EQEW

Both of these seem to be "filtered" honey, which, inexplicably, is
half as expensive as the raw honey I currently have from Costco.
http://grannysvitalvittles.com/wp-co...3/07/honey.png

Apparently the stuff I have is ONLY sold at Costco northern California:
http://naturenates.com/norcal-honey/