Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Why is raw honey from Costco twice as expensive as Filtered ?

On 01/01/2016 04:56 PM, Paul M. Cook wrote:
You may know the answer to another question I have about this honey:
https://i.imgur.com/dZ6B5vm.gif

What do those strange hieroglyphic symbols mean?

There is no word "organic" on it, nor any "USDA" symbol.
But, there is a big "D" with a small "k" inside of it with "pareve" below that.

Similarly, my Costco "Kirkland" Maple Syrup has strange markings too!
https://i.imgur.com/Hkxts0N.gif

It has a big "U" with a circle around it and it says "USDA/Organic"
and "Eco/Cert".

http://www.kashrut.com/agencies/
http://www.dallaskosher.org/
https://oukosher.org/

You'll be happy to know your honey is kosher. Probably halal too if
you're a Muslim. Pareve means it's neither fleishig (meat) or milchig
(dairy) so it can be used sweeten your tea with milk or make a sauce for
your ribs (beef, of course)

You might not be so happy to know the price you paid for the honey
includes the fee charged by one of the kosher concerns to certify the
company isn't lubricating the extractor with lard or something.