Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Why is raw honey from Costco twice as expensive as Filtered ?

On 01/01/2016 02:48 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
I deal with two bee keepers one near the city one further out in the
farming area. As far as I know they run it thru something like coarse
cheese cloth to filter out pieces of bee hive, wing of bees like that.
Pure honey is very strong and depending on which flower nectar it is
coming, has different smell. Like buck wheat flower, wild flower, Acacia
flower, etc. We never use white sugar, some times brown raw sugar we use.

http://blog.crystalsrawhoney.com/raw...ney-raw-honey/

That page is a little ambiguous but I assume unfiltered honey is what is
drawn straight from the extractor like unfiltered cider is straight from
the press.