Posted to uk.d-i-y
bm[_2_] bm[_2_] is offline

Default Fitting Door handle fixing bolts

"Jonno" wrote in message
AnthonyL scribbled

On Fri, 01 Jan 2016 18:18:52 +0000, Graham.
wrote:

On Fri, 01 Jan 2016 17:56:24 GMT, lid (AnthonyL)
wrote:

OK so what's the trick?

The previous owner presumably had the same problem and no matter what
I do I can't get the bolt to screw into the other half when in the
door and I end up a bit x-threaded - spend the next hour or so
twiddling the two parts together until they are nice and smooth again
and repeat process.

Some photos of your actual door furniture would be useful.

These things:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-x-M4-Sc...-/221973919370

Holds the two plates either side of the door together.

If you put some hair around the female part, you'll get it in first
time, every time.

The old ones are the best.