Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul M. Cook[_2_] Paul M. Cook[_2_] is offline

Default Why is raw honey from Costco twice as expensive as Filtered ?

On Fri, 01 Jan 2016 16:30:03 -0600, Terry Coombs wrote:

I expect to harvest some honey from my hives next summer . This will be
mainly wildflower plus whatever else is blooming and producing nectar out
in the woods - there is no commercial ag withing their foraging range . The
price will be around $20 per pint plus shipping ...
I will post availibility when I harvest - probably in midsummer . This
will be raw honey filtered thru cheesecloth .

You may know the answer to another question I have about this honey:
https://i.imgur.com/dZ6B5vm.gif

What do those strange hieroglyphic symbols mean?

There is no word "organic" on it, nor any "USDA" symbol.
But, there is a big "D" with a small "k" inside of it with "pareve" below that.

Similarly, my Costco "Kirkland" Maple Syrup has strange markings too!
https://i.imgur.com/Hkxts0N.gif

It has a big "U" with a circle around it and it says "USDA/Organic"
and "Eco/Cert".

Notice that NONE of the symbols are common between the raw unfiltered honey
and the pure right-from-the-tree maple syrup.

You'd think they'd have common symbols since they are both presumably
pure products - but the symbols are totally different.

Anyone know what they mean?