Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default hiring someone to sell equipment

On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 12:51:02 -0500, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 12/31/2015 7:57 AM, Steve W. wrote:

I know of a few job shops that have started up and are doing quite well.
They make parts for machinery and equipment that the manufacturer has
either abandoned or went belly up. One has a simple shop, Lathe (large
OLD Logan), K&T mill, a plasma table, and MIG/TIG/Stick welding. He's
currently setting up a heat treating oven and is thinking of adding a
small foundry to cast some of the oddball parts.

Another one is doing similar work and gets stuff from the local town and
highway departments on a weekly basis. His "production" work is making
different "crafty items" for some Amish greenhouses (plant hangers,
hooks, mini-windmills and such) he makes blanks of the item and they do
the shaping and finish work.

Even today a good job shop can make good money.
So put up a nice building and set that BP up and start makin' chips.

I did quite a few jobs after selling out the brush business. i just
suddenly got old and have no stamina left. My latest adventure was a
TIA a couple of weeks ago, scared the crap out of me. I would like to
have a play room that wasn't 25 miles away like the shop is! I still
have ideas that I'd like to build.

Condolences on the TIA. Scary ****, that. Is there any room on your
property (on your block?) for a small shop building?

--
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.
Art is knowing which ones to keep.