Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default hiring someone to sell equipment

On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 19:22:25 -0600, Ignoramus24626

On 2015-12-30, azotic wrote:
I attended an auction back in the 1980's where the auctioneer sold a
trailer full of oil filled capacitors (PCB) to an uneducated
buyer. As I understand it that was a popular way of disposing of
toxic waste back then.

I wonder what is the preferred method now...

Mini storage units.

Tom, any idea how much does it cost to legally dispose of PCBs?

Say, you have a 500 kvs transformer that holds maybe a barrel of PCB
(just making stuff up as I go). What would it cost to dispose of PCB
legally?

You could always call your friends down at the EPA, wot?

Talk with your local sanitation company. If they can't do it, they'll
know who can. I'll bet it's expensive, though.
https://www.google.com/search?q=pcb+oil+disposal

As an Oregon contractor, I have a chart of quantities of all sorts of
weird effluents I can produce (and/or dump) per year without extra
licensing. Seeing it surprised me. As I don't produce any, I quickly
forgot about it until now. But the people who handle the hazmat stuff
get 4x the price for it. I'm sure that's typical for PCBs, too.

--
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.
Art is knowing which ones to keep.