anamouse

Default Identifying non-electrolytic capacitors?

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 14:52:01 +0000, Laurence Payne
wrote:

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 14:19:13 -0800, anamouse
wrote:

Can someone help me identify these capacitors?

I have posted pictures of them he
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~circu...apacitors.html

These are on the tonal board of a 1974 Capehart stereo. The bass has always
been a bit distrorted, more so when the bass is turned up. It's not very bad,
but annoying enough.

My questions are, what type of capacitors are these, and how do I identify what
their ratings are?

What makes you think these capacitors are the source of your problem?

Laurence, I have already replaced all the electrolytic capacitors, as well as
the carbon composition resistors, on the main circuit board. I originally did
this because of the age of the radio. The sound quality was the same before the
recap, though, so I am sure the recap did not introduce the bass problem.

I'd be looking in the power amp section, or maybe the power supply.