Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus24626 Ignoramus24626 is offline

Default hiring someone to sell equipment

On 2015-12-30, azotic wrote:
I attended an auction back in the 1980's where the auctioneer sold a
trailer full of oil filled capacitors (PCB) to an uneducated
buyer. As I understand it that was a popular way of disposing of
toxic waste back then.

I wonder what is the preferred method now...

Mini storage units.

Tom, any idea how much does it cost to legally dispose of PCBs?

Say, you have a 500 kvs transformer that holds maybe a barrel of PCB
(just making stuff up as I go). What would it cost to dispose of PCB
legally?

I don't know what it costs today, it used to be expensive back in the
1980's. You have to document proper disposal in case the epa ever
shows up at your door. The epa can bankrupt a business quickly.

Interesting. Some people try hard not to document anything

Cash only, no checks, no credit cards. All sales final. The
illinois department of revenue still caught that merchant.
Happened back in the 1970's to surplus dealer i knew.

CASH ONLY is like having a big target painted on your back...