Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus17007 Ignoramus17007 is offline

Default hiring someone to sell equipment

On 2015-12-26, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 26 Dec 2015 11:37:34 -0600, Ignoramus29630

On 2015-12-25, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 24 Dec 2015 12:07:24 -0600, Ignoramus7100

On 2015-12-24, Tom Gardner wrote:
A year after selling the body of production equipment I'm still left
with presses, machine tools, welding equipment, office equipment,
forklifts and tons of other stuff. There will be a state boulevard I
would like to just hire a person to advertise, meet with buyers and sell
the stuff for a reasonable return. What would be the best way to find
somebody and what would be a good way to compensate him?

You can sell everything in an auction.

You certainly can. I've seen whole towns and girls' -virginity- sold
on eBay, for a taste of the gamut. g

Call Cincinnati Industrial Auctioneers.

That's probably not a bad idea. Auctioneers can jack up the action so
idiots are bidding against each other enough to pay for the auction
fees, and get him a better price than a "help me out" ad.

Even if not, auctioneers will help get a more or less fair price where
a reseller can buy and still make some money resellin on ebay.

Scrap metal is worth nothing nowadays and expect to get almost nothing
for scrap machinery, or even pay for removal.

Gawd, scrap iron is back down to $15/T? It's hardly worth the gas.
https://rockawayrecycling.com/scrap-metal-prices/

It is worth about 50-60/ton in chicago in a semi truck quantity.

That much? Wow, is someone remelting it near there?

Yep. The US is a great industrial giant.

I was suprised that most of the stuff at the not quite local steel yard is
domestic. The story was the really low grade scrap goes to china, the
better stuff stays here for remelting.

A lot of scrap is remelted here by the likes of Nucor.