Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 125v vs. 117v revisited

On Monday, December 28, 2015 at 1:15:02 PM UTC-6, taxed and spent wrote:
wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 09:11:44 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

I was thinking if this problem or voltage difference just showed up
recently, it's time he gave the engineering dept at his power company a
call. I called them before when a commercial customer was having a problem
and they sent a tech out to install monitoring equipment that showed a
problem that was intermittent. It was a problem on a pole a mile away.

You are trying to tell us that a PoCo had over a mile of "secondary"
wiring.

He didn't say that. Perhaps a mile away was their autotransformer.

No, the power company rep said it was a connection on a pole a mile away. It was not the transformer behind the business. Was the rep telling the truth? I don't know unless he was just telling me something. Š™.˜‰

[8~{} Uncle Power Monster