James Sweet

Default Sanyo microwave oven

"B. W. Salt." wrote in message
nk.co.uk...

I have this Sanyo microwave oven which produces no heat. Controls all
work; fan works, etc. No fuses blown (that I can find).

What can I check, please?

It's model EM-G471EUK, microwave and grill.

Thanks.

Can you hear the hum of the power transformer? Try setting it to defrost
with a cup of water in it, unless it's one of the newer inverter powered
units you should be able to hear the transformer cycle on and off. If you
don't then it's likely a solder joint, or the relay or triac on the control
board. Keep in mind microwave ovens are *extremely* dangerous to work on if
you don't know what you're doing, I'd lick a live board in a TV set before
I'd randomly reach into an operating microwave.