Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Spencer Mike Spencer is offline

Default hiring someone to sell equipment

Tom Gardner writes:

I regret there's no market for all the overhead shafting in babbited
bearings.

You might contact ABANA (http://www.anbana.org) or your local ABANA
chapter or other blacksmithing group. A number of smiths still like
to run their old mechanical power hammers (and sometimes other gear)
from line shafts.

Doubtless not a big sales-price potential but you might find some
people who would happily come and take away lineshafts, pulleys and
belting at no cost to you or for a modest price.

I would do so were I within 100 miles or so but I'm very far away, as
you can see from the .sig. I run a 24" bandsaw and my 25# Jardine
from overhead shaft, did same with a 100# Palmer Power Spring Hammer
before I swapped it away.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada