Posted to rec.woodworking
Spalted Walt Spalted Walt is offline

Default Chain saw gas

Unquestionably Confused wrote:

The small engine shop that services my equipment tells me that the best
thing to use in those items is the pre-mixed fuel sold in the quart
cans. The reason? It's premium fuel, with stabilizers and NO ALCOHOL.
The last is the biggie. Over time the ethanol added to the fuel will
wreak havoc with your 2-cycle engine. So, you using premium is a good
thing and you can make it better if your state allows for mixtures
without ethanol. I know that Wisconsin does, but Illinois doesn't.

There are currently 81 stations in Illinois selling ethanol-free
gasoline according to the most excellent pure-gas.org website:

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=IL