Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default Hysteresis on the Honeywell old-style bulb thermostat

On 12/26/2015 3:55 PM, John Robertson wrote:
The hysteresis is set on the thermostat. I used to have one of those old
Honeywell units and as I recall it had a calibrated sub-dial that set
the hysteresis temperature range. Something like 0.5 degrees to around 3
degrees (F). You simply moved this sub-dial to the over/undershoot range
you desired.

That is the "anticipator", not hysteresis setting. It is actually a
heater that warms the thermostat in anticipation of the room heating up
and minimizing overshoot.