Posted to uk.d-i-y
rick rick is offline

Default Another Q on screw fixing external wood cappings

On 08/12/2015 08:16, harry wrote:
On Saturday, 5 December 2015 16:01:54 UTC, rick wrote:
On 05/12/2015 15:33, Phil L wrote:

Yes, use concrete cappings, timber won't last 18 months

That is not much use .... I couldn't use concrete cappings easily as
overhang would be too great ... in any event I have bought the wood.

Don't know why you think it will only last 18 months.
Fully pressure treated Tanalized timber plus finish coating on top will
last a lot longer than that ..........

Tanalising is not what it once was.
It used to be effective when it was arsenic based.
Then is became copper based.
Now I think it's chromium based.
Very poor now compared with the orginal.

same as cresote ... the current ver creocote is not as good .........
but if product has heath risks they have to cease its use.