Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default 12V Battery charging problem - MASSIVE SPARKS

On 12/23/2015 3:27 PM, Tony944 wrote:

I've worked with lead acid batteries for 38 years and have never heard
of one getting reversed polarity.

I do know that in one connects a battery to a generator however, it will
simply re-polarize and work.

I'm wondering if the battery is somehow mislabeled?

Even though I never heard of a battery having reversed polarity I
Googled and found that if a battery is totally discharged then reverse
charged...the polarity can in fact reverse...
so I learned something.

My feeling is that it's unlikely it was mis-marked at the factory

so I guess I'd discharge the battery , the properly charge it and see if
it wills till hold a charge