Posted to alt.home.repair
Eagle[_6_] Eagle[_6_] is offline

Default W10 activation issue

on 12/23/2015, Uncle Monster supposed :
On Wednesday, December 23, 2015 at 10:21:22 AM UTC-6, Eagle wrote:
It happens that Tony Hwang formulated :
Terry Coombs wrote:
Oren wrote:
On Tue, 22 Dec 2015 17:28:14 -0500, FrozenNorth
wrote:

I am not even sure you can upgrade directly from Vista to Win 10 for
free, or at all, I did see with a quick google that you can download
a Win 10 ISO file, burn to DVD and do a fresh install, but you would
lose everything.

My wife has some "sewing" software that may not be compatible. (her
Vista machine) Everything else would work if I'm correct. I could
check if it runs in "some" compatibility mode before I make the jump.

Or leave it alone for now. All she does is turn the machine on and
expects everything to work

Sounds like my wife . "Honey , the flubbernixer won't work , fix it."
She's using an older Tosh laptop , and it has overheating issues ...
probably because she sits it in her lap blocking the fan intake .
All XP , all the time .

Maybe you have to open it up, blow all the dust out, reapply HS paste
for the cpu. Old Toshiba is built very well.

Block the fan on that old laptop and you have overheating fo sho. The
plug-in wi-fi card was a pain if you left it pluged in and accidentally
smash it. They are a bit hard to find now.

I put my laptop on one of those auxiliary fan pads. I got a big one for my
17" laptop and with the fan pads under my laptops, I can watch the temps drop
when the pads are plugged in. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Cool Monster

I used one of them thangs to air out My sheets... 8-o

Airborn Eagle