Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moc is offline

Default 12V Battery charging problem - MASSIVE SPARKS

On Wed, 23 Dec 2015 05:56:04 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Did you try disconnecting the battery from the tractor before charging it? ?.?

[8~{} Uncle Charge Monster

+1

disconnect BOTH sides of the battery from the tractor.

then connect the charger

there may be a conflict with the grounds

I did disconnect BOTH sides (later on). I tried another charger, and
without even plugging it in, when I connected the leads, I got sparks
and the meter pegged on that charger. Thats when I checked the voltage
and polarity with my meter, and found that the polarity is surely
reversed.