David

Default sony kp53s25

Do a Google search for Sony AKB, Sony blanking video, etc for LOTS of
information. Sony uses the same blanking system no matter PTV or DTV.

My gut tells me that if the sound goes up and down, and you see the
AKB blanking lines on the face of the tube (no osd or video), you have
either a bad tube or a problem in the AKB circuit. Or more remotely a
problem with the hsync or vsync getting back to the jungle ic and
system control.

David

(brian) wrote in message . com...
(brian) wrote in message . com...
(brian) wrote in message . com...
tv has one vertical line at bottom of picture....replaced vertical ic
and checked associated components and still no luck..any ideas?
thank-you in advance.....brian

set has nopicture i have to look into the crt to see line left to right

one new thing i discovered is if i turn screen control up i have full
vertical....(top to bottom) i just replaced ic 301 cxa1477as and now
have vertical ,sound, but no video....justbright screen w/
retrace.......i think im making progress but now video has me stumped