Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default HF stapler , a bit off topic

On Monday, December 21, 2015 at 2:14:05 PM UTC-5, Leon Fisk wrote:

Forgot to mention... One of these Crescent Tools nail pullers might help
with getting the old staples out: On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 10:37:03 -0800 (PST)
" wrote:

Taking the existing staples out is a PITA. No good solutions for doing that.

Forgot to mention... One of these Crescent Tools nail pullers might help
with getting the old staples out:
Forgot to mention... One of these Crescent Tools nail pullers might help
with getting the old staples out:

http://www.amazon.com/Crescent-NP11-...dp/B008NM6VAA/

I've looked at them in the store and read reviews... I want one but
have no immediate need for one. So I'll just bide my time until I see
one at a price I can't resist

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

I have been using an ice pick to get under the staple and get it so it is not flush. After that some long nose pliers to pull the staple out. Some times the staple will break into two pieces when I am trying to get it up a bit with the ice pick. Just a pain because it takes two operations. I am not convinced that the nail puller would be faster. The staples are flush with the plywood. So something sharp like the ice pick in needed to get the staple up where it can be grabbed.

Dan