Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default HF stapler , a bit off topic

I am recovering some bar stools. The original Naugahyde is shredding. But I found some replacement at an estate sale. To get a nice job it takes a zillion staples. Taking the existing staples out is a PITA. No good solutions for doing that. But for stapling in the new material , I am going to use a HF pneumatic stapler.

The model I am bought is 61619. The reviews on it are positive. The two nits that I have is that after you screw in the quick disconnect coupler , it will not fit back in the box. And the other thing is that the only place I can find the type of staples it uses is on the detail on the HF web site.. It used T50 staples.

Well one more nit. HF sell staples for the staple gun. But they want $3.99 for 1000 staples at my local HF store. Not the sort of price I expect at HF. So I went to the close by Walmart and bought some Stanley T50 staples at $3.22 for 1500 staples.

Dan