Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Howie Brian Howie is offline

Default Radio controlled clock an hour fast

In message , Mr Macaw writes
On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 12:28:18 -0000, Mr Macaw wrote:

On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 12:25:41 -0000, Adrian wrote:

On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 12:14:02 +0000, Mr Macaw wrote:

It would be right if our ****wit government hadn't put the clocks back
to give us even less light in an already dark winter.

If you're going to blame politicians, then there's three different dates
you might find useful to remember.

1916, when it was first introduced.
1966, when the start of a trial saw the UK move to GMT+1 all year.
1970, when the House of Commons reviewed the trial and voted
overwhelmingly to go back to the hour change.

But it still wouldn't be right all year, because Germany has an hour
clock change in autumn and spring, too.

The 1966 thing is what we need. Summer doesn't matter what time it
is, there's loads of light. Winter has not enough light, particularly
in the evening. So we want the clocks FORWARDS not backwards in
winter. Might aswell leave them forwards as summer doesn't matter then
we don't have to bother changing the clocks.

Apparently most English want the above, but not Scots for some reason?

We're further north and also further west. Edinburgh is further west
than Bristol. The combination makes quite a difference to sunrise.

Brian
--
Brian Howie