Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default Initial/Chubb burglar alarm engineer code

I do not think there is any one code. If there was it might be a bit of a
poor alarm. One supposes it might be linked to the serial number and I
suppose if the company are rip off merchants, you are stuck. I'm not sure if
these things are hackable. I'm always getting called byalarm folk trying to
give me a free quote. Very generous, not.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
wrote in message
Hi Andy - we are in the same situation. Moved into a house with a fitted
Chubb alarm, the thing started making a beeping noises during the middle of
a movie, and then part way through the next movie the things starts wailing
like bloody murder. We called chubb, as apparently it needs to be "reset" -
however, charging over $400 5 days before Christmas just seems mean, when
they just have a code to put in.
Can you pretty please share the engineers code so we can turn this darn
alarm off and put our newborn baby to bed?