Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How Do Reindeer Fly?

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 11:43:14 AM UTC-6, krw wrote:
On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 05:50:55 -0600, "Dean Hoffman"
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 21:35:46 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 12/12/2015 02:51 PM, wrote:
The season is here to contemplate how reindeer fly. The article below
seems to make more sense than most I have read, but I actually thought
that since the middle of the 20th century, the reindeer flew based on
electronics, mechanics, hydraulics, computers, power cells, and other
modern marvels. What do you think?

I have no experience with reindeer but I can attest when you nail a
whitetail center mass with a Kenworth doing 65 mph, it flies.

I think the worst mess I've seen was a horse that got hit.
Parts and pieces were scattered for maybe a quarter mile if
I remember correctly. Deer seem to stay in one piece at least.
Hitting a bull would be quite a deal.

Moose are genetically perfected car killers. They have long spindly
legs that put their 1/2-3/4ton center of mass is right at windshield
height.

There are no free roaming moose here in Alabamastan but we're buried in deer. I must wonder if a moose is going to jump in front of a vehicle the same way a deer would? I imagine a moose would have to be galloping quite fast to cross a road and wind up in front of a car..... I just did a bit of research and discovered that moose are actually quite fast and unpredictable. A bull moose can weigh up to 1,600 lbs and stand 9 feet tall. Alaska and Maine have the largest moose populations and the animals are attracted to roadsides because of the salt used to deice roads and the tendency of new plant growth to pop up along roadsides in the Spring. Because of the dark color of their fur, moose can be very hard to see at night. There are pictures all over the Internet of moose/car collisions and both participants are totaled. I glad we don't have any of those huge critters around here! ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Moose Monster