Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default British Gas Smart Gas and Elec Meters

On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 13:49:23 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

One might have thought that the aerial would be on the end of a

cable
which could be put in a bettter place for reception.

Then you have to have the monkeys trained in where "a better place
for reception" is. To get from our meters to such a place could be
interesting and at a guess at least 30'. Our meters are in a
windowless room with building between it an the local cell on two
sides and thick solid stone walls on the other two. Mobile signal
indoors? Don't make I laugh.

I've no doubt BG etc will be pushing for legislation to have them

all
moved outside.

Regulation if not legislation has had meters outside and on the
"front" of a property for quite a while. You can possibly get away
with "side" provided there is no restriction of access

Or demanding they be allowed to use your wifi

If they want to use any of my facilities they can pay for it, tenner
a month will do, paid annually, in advance, non refundable. This fee
would only be for permission to access my network. There would be no
guarantees of availabilty of access and/or an internet connection
and/or continued access/internet connection.

--
Cheers
Dave.