Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default removing emulsion paint?

On 17/12/2015 17:20, AL_n wrote:
What is the easiest way to remove old emulsion paint from a plastered wall?

When I removed the old wallpaper, some of the old emulsion paint underneath
came away with the paper in many places, and the differing levels would
show up if I simple painted over everything. So Ideally I'd like to remove
all the old paint, if it's not too much of a PITA to do.

Failing that, can anyone suggest a way to sort of fill in the bits where
the old emulsion came away? Polyfilla perhaps?

I don'tt want to re-paper the wall; I want to use emulsion for the final
finish.

Many thanks

Al

Might be worth trying a steam cleaner if you didn't use one already?
(Does rather depend on the type and age of the paint and plaster).

I have an older version of this, and it is excellent.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Earlex-SS125...lpaper+steamer