Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default Very poor suppression

The aerial is outside and it would be hard to get it much further away than
it is.

Of course today, another idiot has installed over the mains internet, so now
we have clicking noises whining sounds and very strange warbles. Must be a
person fairly close with a the powerline adaptor. Its almost getting to the
point where the only people who can listen are those in huge places devoid
of human habitation with the gear running of batteries.

Down the road from me is a factory which makes and refurbisheds machine
tools. When we drive by in a taxi his radio is obliterated by a severe
whining noise. Nobody cares it seems.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
wrote in message
On Sunday, 13 December 2015 11:58:12 UTC, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Brian-Gaff" writes:

Two devices bought this week. Both work OK but the problem is that
their
power supplies being of the switch mode kind push out lots of annoying
RF
at frequencies between 100khz and around 20mhz. One of my hobbies is

Replcement wall-warts are easily and cheaply available.
You may even have a suitable one laying around.

Be aware that all new ones are switched mode these days. Get an old heavy
one.

I may ask the company if they know of a source of old fashioned psus
for it
as it has a very tiny right angled plug on the end of the wall wart
wire.
Life is just getting very depressing when you consider how long we
have
been making switch mode devices, surely we should expect better by
now!

they're better in that they're cheaper.

Another option might be a better radio aerial, so the radio can run
with the AGC lower, and not amplify the interference so much.

or put the PSU in an earthed biscuit tin, with ferrites & caps on in &
outputs.

NT