Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default Very poor suppression

I firstly need a talking meter to find out what the voltage and polarity is
though. On the Panasonic dvd, I think a switch may have to be purchased for
the plug end, as no way will I be delving in there,and besides, its probably
not just the psu, but the various circuits in the player, but when one
considers the cost its bloody amazing that it sounds so good. It also placys
files on ramsticks and cds as well as rewritable cds, an everything else
except blue rays and is multi region.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"Cursitor Doom" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 09:04:46 +0000, Brian-Gaff wrote:

Two devices bought this week. Both work OK but the problem is that their
power supplies being of the switch mode kind push out lots of annoying
RF at frequencies between 100khz and around 20mhz. One of my hobbies is
listening to the short waves and even medium and long waves, so its all
a bit depressing to find that in order to continue both items need to be
off.

Yeah, those cheap Chinese switchers are a menace. You need a linear
supply you reckon? Try these:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/search?text=...supply&x=0&y=0