Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default need a source and information on a 288-5336 audio amplifier IC

On 13/12/2015 00:25, wrote:
I have two audio amplifier modules I scrapped out of an 8 track player many years ago. I use these to amplify the headphone outputs of two PRC77 military radios tuned to six meters, so that I can monitor on speaker. These modules fit perfectly so I need to retain them if possible. The modules put out about 4 watts each. One module is shorted and it appears to be a bad amplifier chip. There are two output IC's bearing the above number in each module. I can't find a listing for this anywhere. Can anyone help? Thanks, Lenny

Take some readings off the pins of the working one, while it still is,
and try repinning some modern replacement to the shorted one.
On removing that , maybe some other number on the underside of it.