Posted to alt.home.repair
David David is offline

Default Christmas tree won't drink water

replying to Finite Guy, David wrote:
Mine won't drink water either.

I looked online and it said that when a tree is cut at it's base the sap
at the base dries and hardens, preventing water and sap loss from the
tree. It also said that the sap can take up to 6 hours to harden at the
cut.

My tree was cut and i brought it home and put it in the garage on its side
over night before setting it up the next morning. I think mine is beyond
saving. This was the first time it's happened to me in maybe 10 Christmas
tree preps. Guess I should have been quicker on the drawer.