Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_5_] Muggles[_5_] is offline

Default How Much?

On 12/11/2015 12:12 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 12/11/2015 10:58 AM, Muggles wrote:

Maybe you could design better hearing aids?

I'm primarily interested in addressing less well served populations:
visually impaired, physically handicapped. Most "devices" nowadays
interact with people visually (so hearing-impaired is not at a loss
to use them!) and with some degree of manual dexterity.

Folks who can't see and/or are largely immobile are effectively
deprived access to those devices and systems.

To put it in perspective, imagine your smart phone had NO (visual)
display. What would it be like to use it -- sighted?

Sometimes, I can't see things when I can't hear them, and things I can
hear I've no idea where the sound is coming from. I imagine that feels
similar.

--
Maggie