Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Replace Li-Ion cells in battery pack?

On Fri, 11 Dec 2015 21:26:03 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

The flux I bought in a plumbers supply yard works perfectly OK on stainless,
but sometimes needs the stainless to be lightly abraded.

Paste or liquid flux? I've had no luck soldering stainless with
either. Mostly, I try to solder to button cells, not 18650, which
might be different. The paste flux made for copper pipe doesn't seem
to work for stainless. For example;
http://www.homedepot.com/c/flux_and_solder_HT_BG_TH
Can be used on all materials except aluminum and
stainless steel.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D