Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default How Much?

On 12/11/15 12:31 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 12/11/2015 10:09 AM, Frank wrote:

I doubt AT&T service will be any better. And, the guy across the
street that
just switched back to them from Comcast had quit Verizon because they
did not
honor their offer after a few months.

The old telephone company mentality still exists as if they are still
the only
service in town. I had a tiff a few years ago with AT&T and will
never do
business with them.

My wife deals with Comcast.

Last time she needed assistance because Comcast wanted to know serial
numbers
on my DVR so I had to go down to the basement family room, back to the
2nd
floor with the wrong number and back again to get the correct one.

I was being pretty profane and guy told me that he was not using
profanity and
I should not either.

I asked him if he would ask his 75 year old grandfather to go up and
down two
flights of stairs twice to get a serial number on a device that Comcast
installed but had no record. I told him I was cussing because Comcast
was so
stupid and his grandfather would have cussed him too.

Many companies have utter disdain for their customers! As if they are
*annoyed* that they have them!

Where possible, I try to reciprocate -- by not having "suppliers"! I
want to make them HAPPY with the lack of my business. Cuz I'm such
a nice guy...

Yup, you see that in lots of places-- contempt for your constituency.

Back when I was a cadet many, many years ago, I worked part time in a
large psychiatric hospital.

Sitting in a ward meeting with the staff to review patient progress and
treatment alternatives, we had discussed 4 or 5 particularly
exasperating patients in a row when the ward psychiatrist (who spoke
with a German accent) just plain lost it.

He grabbed a half dozen medical record folders off the stack we were
working our way down, slammed them onto the floor, and exclaimed-- "If
it wasn't for these damned patients, we could really run this ward
efficiently."

True story!

--
The Clintons are the kind of people that can find a loophole in a stop sign.
- @georgewill