Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Chris Whelan Chris Whelan is offline

Default Headlight (low beam) not working (Nissan Tino 1.8, 2001)

JD wrote:

[...]

I cannot find a relay for the low beam bulbs at all. I just made a new
discovery though: the positive side of the low-beam fuse sockets are live,
even when the lights are switched off. I guess this means the power from
the battery goes directly to the fuse box, and then after going through a
fuse, the feed goes to the headlight switch before going on to the light
bulb. This means it could be the headlight switch that's caput, doesn't
it? That's assuming that there is two separate contacts inside the
headlight switch - one for each bulb. If there is only one contact, then
the break in the circuit must be elsewhere.

Here, see if this helps. You need diagram 4:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cxw9lks1w7...0Tino.pdf?dl=0

Note - it will only be there for one week!

Chris

--
Remove prejudice to reply.