Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,ca.driving
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

clare wrote, on Thu, 10 Dec 2015 17:02:14 -0500:

I would use what the patch company recommends. Tech's "Rub=O-Matic"
rubber cleaner has no MEK in it. it is basically a light naptha (pure
petroleum product)

Naptha is easy to come by, so, that would be good news.

Their flamable pre-buff is almost pure N-Heptane.
Their non flamable pre-buff is Triclorethelene

Heptane should also be easy to come by, so that would be good news.

The "glue" is also specific to the patch product being used. -I would
not mix one company's glue with another companies specialized patch
products.

Interestingly, one of the videos I posted said to not coat the stem
of the patchplug with the glue. The other one didn't mention whether
or not the stem (near the head of the patchplug) should be coated.

Do you lean toward putting the cement on the stem of the patchplug?