Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moc is offline

Default Why do I hear myself as an echo on the phone?

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 17:36:37 -0500, wrote:

When one has Comcast cable, and Comcast telephone, is the telephone
VOIP?

Is your voice going over an internet protocol?????

It is some sort of a VOIP technology.

It used to be so simple. THe phone signal would go thru wires, the
operator would put in a plug to connect you to the other party, which
was also connected to wires, and you'd be talking to them. Since the
turn of the century everything has to be complicated!!!

I'm assuming the voice is now digitized when it goes over the internet,
which seems to explain why I cant tell who I am talking to when I phone
someone. All I hear is a male or female voice, which could be the wife
or a female child, or even a boy with a high voice. Same for the male
voices. I no longer say their name when I call, unless just one person
lives there. I just say who I am, and "who is this?".