Posted to alt.home.repair,ca.driving,rec.autos.tech
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Need your advice on a good inside automotive tire patch

Danny D. posted for all of us...

clare wrote, on Mon, 07 Dec 2015 16:34:53 -0500:

I can generally also buy the parts I require to do my own repairs
cheaper from the dealer than from the autoparts store - and almost
ALWAYS cheaper than on-line when you factor in the shipping.

I must agree that *shipping* on tires from Tire Rack, even when it
just ships by UPS from Nevada to California, still costs about $25
per tire.

So, at $100 per tire times five, the tires cost $500 but shipping alone
is $125 which is huge compared to the sales tax on $500 which is only about
$50 (roughly) if bought at a tire store.

So, the way to go, if you can find it, is to find a place that *matches*
tire rack prices for the tires, and then it only charges the 10% (or whatever)
sales tax, and then you have no shipping costs.

Tires are odd that way, because they cost a *lot* to ship.
Usually shipping and tax cancel each other out; but not with tires.

Sigh.

Places around me beat tire rack prices any day of the week. I inquired about
their installation places. 4 of 4 were more expensive than the regular
dealers, just for fitting. The fourth I knew and had the reputation of
crappy work, which I observed on several occasions. No thanks.

--
Tekkie