Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Why do I hear myself as an echo on the phone?

On Wed, 09 Dec 2015 22:05:21 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 09 Dec 2015 02:24:55 -0600,
wrote:

Why do I hear myself as an echo on the phone sometimes? Just certain
calls do it. I get this on my cellphone more than my landline, but I
have gotten it on the LL too. Sometimes the echo is so loud I have a
hard time making the call. It just happened on my LL when I called a
local business. I know that business has their LL connected to a
satellite along with their tv. (My LL is wired). I get this on my cell,
at times whether I call another cell or a LL.

This echo is my own voice and it's heard about 1/2 t one second after I
speak.

That happens when VOIP is used (sometimes) and many cell phone links
are VOIPed to the landlines - also many companies you may be calling
use VOIP.
Not all voip echos, and those that do don't always.

I use Voip at home and at work - most of the time it is great.
Occaisionally I get an echo - and occaisionally on my cell as well..
It happens when the "side tone" is delayed.

When one has Comcast cable, and Comcast telephone, is the telephone
VOIP?